Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Bucket List Update


I've been so busy enjoying the amazing fall weather we've been having that this blog has been quite neglected. I've been working on the Fall Bucket List and have completed several of the items. 
I haven't found a pick your own pumpkin patch yet, they are often already picked and piled into wagons or carts to buy. There are many farms with fall fests, but I picked my pumpkins from our nearby farm pick your own stand. 
I have an apple tree in my backyard, but this year we didn't really get any apples. I was able to pick apples and pears with a lovely group of ladies at an orchard outside of Mainz. They were delicious! The orchard also had a wonderful little farm store and freshly squeezed apple juice-it tasted just like an apple in a bottle. With these apples, I didn't make pies, instead I made one of my favorites, apple crisp.


No comments:

Post a Comment