Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Walk in the Woods

This cutie pie forces me to get off my couch twice a day and take him for a walk in the woods on the outskirts of the village we live in. I actually truly enjoy these walks, especially on a beautiful day like today, and I captured a few pictures of our journey. I planned to bring my regular camera, but forgot on the way out the door. I had my iPhone so I tried out the Instagram and CameraBag apps, inspired by this post on the Kevin and Amanda blog.
I took this last night. Yes, our floors are turquoise wood laminate.
The daylilies in our yard are blooming. We walk past them our way out of the gate.
There are several gravel paths to venture on.






On the way in and out of town are fields that local farmers and farm companies plant and manage. I've seen fields of wheat, strawberries, cabbage, zucchini, asparagus, and possibly pumpkins, among others. 
Check out those rows of basil. This small garden plot also has artichokes, which I hadn't seen actually growing before.

We usually pass this flower field where you can cut your own stems and then put your money in the trust box.

A list of prices is included.

My pup does not like to pose for pictures, but I managed to capture this one. I had to keep hold of the leash though so he wouldn't walk away. This is the end of the walk and he was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment